Due to our extreme weather, we prefer grade #1 lumber to assure longevity of our fences. It is important to compare apples to apples. Inferior grades of lumber have larger knot holes that can pop out within a year of construction. Wood is a natural product, therefore there is definitely a difference in the quality of a species of wood for outdoor use.
Some wood types are just better suited to natural weathering processes than other species. We feel cedar is the best option for North Texas, and we always use Grade 1 cedar pickets. We dig all post holes 3 feet deep, place all posts 6 feet apart, and use Maximizer concrete. We never use less than 3 heavy duty hinges to prevent gates from sagging. All fences include a 2×6 pressure treated kickboard to keep the pickets off the ground and prevent damage from weedeating.
Choose from a side-by-side or board-on-board cedar fence, and then add any custom design features you choose.
Our Cedar Fence Package
- Grade #1 Western Cedar Lumber (pre-stained or raw)
- Metal posts spaced 6 feet apart
- Posts set in Maximizer concrete, 3 feet deep
- 1×6 cedar pickets (optional 1×4)
- 2×4 rails, #1 grade full rough-cut cedar
- 2×6 pressure treated kickboard
- 1 standard gate with 3 hinges
- Remove and dispose of existing fence and posts
- City permit and utility location
We have many design options including vertical, horizontal, and custom designs.
Custom Ornamental Gates
Ceramic Coated Screws
1 x 4 Top Side Trim
2 x 6 Rough Cedar Top Cap
No Climb Rail / Angel Rail
Powder-Coated Black Post and Brackets
Want more information? Call or fill out our online form today!